9/06/2011

Ok, I'm clapping again


I was a huge fan of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. That first album is still great, even after listening to it what must have been hundreds of times. Then came "Some Loud Thunder" in 2007 and I was terribly disappointed. It just had none of the fun of its predecessor, they seemed to be messing around with their sound too much... don't get me wrong, I'm all for evolution of sound, but this was just not that great. They seemed to be the perfect example of the dreaded sophomore slump band.

Now CYHSY are getting ready to release their third album (titled Hysterical), and I'm happy to admit that I'm optimistic. The songs that I've heard seem to recapture the energy of their first while still feeling a bit different.

No videos yet, but they did make a little minute long promo showcasing what I guess will be their first single, also called "Hysterical."

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah / Hysterical from CYHSY on Vimeo.


You can also stream their full album here. But I don't know how long that will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment