9/16/2011

Trip Hop Hunt



A couple of weeks ago, Jovi asked me where Wax Tailor has been and why there hasn't been any new music. So, I called Wax. He hasn't returned my call. Deciding to take a more proactive approach I went on a trip hop hunt. I come back to you with two new singles. The first is from A.S.M (A State of Mind). If you're thinking to yourself, 'Where have I seen those letters before?' The answer isn't at a science conference, it was probably in the title of the Wax Tailor hit Say Yes (Feat ASM). ASM has an album due next month and the first single is Don't Look Back. It's not Say Yes, but a solid effort none the less (I'm also going to file this under Banjo Hop):

A.S.M - Don't Look Back by InWaxWeTrust

The second group is Dafuniks and they're dutch, which I think explains the name. These guys got famous, obviously that should be in quotes, by remixing the Wax Tailor cut This Train. They have an album due soon from Underdogs records. The sound is a bit more soul funk than hip/trip hop but I like their stuff for exactly that reason. Follow everyone on Facebook. Don't bother about Wax, no new music on the horizon and the US was left off his 2011 world tour.

Dafuniks - Searching (feat. Kuku Agami, Astrid Engberg & Mr Mattic) by InWaxWeTrust

1 comment:

  1. Just THE HIT ! ASM in Montpellier soon... Will u be there ? :-)

    ReplyDelete