9/27/2011

Last Choice Will Be Waiting For You Till The Sun Goes Down

Icona Pop is a guy/girl duo, a la Crystal Castles, from Stockholm. They have an EP out on Oct 10th, pre-order here. I don't love their entire catalog, but I haven't be able to put this one down. It might be a bit to sci-fi/final boss fight for most, but you've got to admit the hook is killer.

Sun Goes Down feat The Knocks by IconaPop

BasementJax teamed up with the Netherlands’ Metropole Orkest to put out a collective album, creatively titled Basement Jaxx vs. Metropole Orkest. It's available in the UK and hopefully the US soon. Sundeep Toor is an animator from the UK and he put together a really slick video for one tracks off of the album. It reminds me of The Secret of Nimh vs. The Nutcracker, both near and dear in my childhood memories.

Basement Jaxx vs. Metropole Orkest - HEY U from Sundeep Toor on Vimeo.



A couple of notes before the end:

1.) Yelle has an album due on Oct 24th, check her 'lead-up' latest release.

2.) Busdriver has a new single. The old video for the new single is here. Honestly, he's not really impressed me with recent efforts hopefully he'll pick things up soon.

3.) -I'm aware that technically a couple is two - The party is still on, we are trying to finalize a date/venue and are starting to line up bands.

1 comment:

  1. The video is cool, but I don't think it's a mix of the Nutcracker and Secret of Nimh... they just all have talking rats in uniforms. Hey Safety Rat, I think you're just really into rats. It's cool though, we all have our odd obsessions.

    ReplyDelete