9/20/2011

Look dad, no hands!


I have to admit I had never heard of UK's Martin Brooks. When I googled him I found lots of other musician Martin Brooks from the UK, like him, him and him. What's up with that? It reminds of that scene in American Splendor when Harvey Pekar is wondering about the other Harvey Pekars that live in Cleveland.

Anyway, the music is just straight-up, enjoyable rock and roll. But the video is A-W-E-S-O-M-E. My favorite video so far this year.

"Golden Tree" by Martin Brooks from Ninian Doff on Vimeo.

5 comments:

  1. You're right, this is a great video. I'm sure this is no big surprise, but I can't ride a bike with no hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really funny. I like the song too. But are you sure it's better than the 3-year-old ninja video?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video. Don't worry Jessie, I can barely ride a bike with two hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also worth seeing from Ninian Doff, her video for Fulton Lights: http://vimeo.com/26315682

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the possible wipe-out, they cut away, on 'The Eyes' and the random woman on 'True Gent.' I think my favorite video of the year remains Is Tropical's 'The Greeks' - see the post The Revolution Will Not Be Televised from May. However, A proffessional display gets my award for, 'Looks like the most fun video to make in 2011' award.

    ReplyDelete