9/23/2010

Grrrls to Men

I was not going to post today, but here's a nice six-degree exercise to ejm's post today:
Sleater-Kinney was part Riot Grrrl, a movement spearheaded by Kathleen Hanna's Bikini Kill. Hanna went on to form Le Tigre and recruited JD Samson. Le Tigre broke up (and Hanna gave her awesome sweater to Tavi Gevinson), and Samson then formed a band called MEN.
I loved MEN at SXSW. I love MEN now. MEN are releasing a new single (below) and have promised a new LP on 2011.

MEN - Off Our Backs

3 comments:

  1. *I love MEN now* U R a gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In other news, that song is great, and I am jealous of Tavi's sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you get the IAMSOUND emails or read Stereogum, you already know this: new video and remix of this song -->
    http://stereogum.com/558162/men-off-our-backs-video-stereogum-premiere/video/

    ReplyDelete