9/26/2010

CD Mix Exchange?

One of my secret nerdy things that I do is a CD mix exchange with my music director and music industry friends across the country. It's really fun, and an (old school) version of what we are doing on this blog.

I think we should do a Last Choice CD mix exchange. Anybody is welcome to join.

Perhaps you should throw in your hat (blank CD) in the comments section if you want a copy. Then, we can know how many CDs to make.

Also, when Sam gets back, let's revisit the idea of a Last Choice Radio Show.

8 comments:

  1. This is not a bad idea, but I think Raf had a better one on friday. What if we compile a monthly "Last Choice Collection" with all the music we have posted on that month, make a zip file and put it on mediafire? That way we can own all the music that is on the blog and if we wanted to we could send it to other people that might like it. Every month we would have our new collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both ideas are better than the other for different reasons and as such I'd vote for a combo attack. We could also pass around cdrw each adding a track that is somehow connected to the previous track, a la kevin bacon. The radio show must happen, kexp in Seattle inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Raf's idea as well. Perhaps they could be titled "Last Choice" "Second to Last Choice" and so on.

    The Kevin Bacon game is stellar. I once tried to do a radio show that had to connect the dots like that. I wish I still had that piece of paper with the web diagram I made. Let's just say I relied heavily on Canadian power pop groups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the zip file of tracks of the past month idea more than making cd's, largely due to my own busyness/laziness. We could put it up on one of our webspace accounts, and put a link here if any of our pals want to download.
    I am pro the radio collab idea though!

    ReplyDelete