12/13/2011

he thinks he's people

Wolf here once again.

I know I've been a bit heavy on the San Diego bands, but I've been up since 5am, it's rainy and gray, and I'm feeling worn out. In other words, today was a Pinback day. For those of you that don't know Pinback or any of Rob Crow's bands (there are many), listen to "Penelope" (it's very old news but such a lovely song).

I first saw them in a tiny venue on the UC San Diego campus. I was 17.

Anyway, after a day of reliving my teenage angst, I came upon this. Rob Crow never stops and he's astonishing unpretentious. I met him in Boston about 5 years ago. (Also he has a cult-worthy twitter feed). Despite the semi-depressing song, the totally silly randomness of the video brightened my otherwise gloomy day.

Rob Crow - Sophistructure from Temporary Residence Ltd. on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment