11/07/2011

Classic Hits from Cuba and Classic Hits

Last Choice ran into Casio Kids during my first SxSW in Austin TX. Although we only saw them play once that week, it certainly wasn't for lack of effort. These guys are also a part of one of my favorite music memories in Austin or at least my most memorable. The punch line is that they were introduced as Classic Hits and continued referring to themselves as that all week. They also got the joke when I drunkenly ran into them a year later. Thanks Casio.

Casiokids - Det Haster! from Kristoffer Borgli on Vimeo.



2pm on Sunday is something I look forward to every week. This is when for one brief hour we're treated to one of the most thoughtful modern hip hop shows. Hip Hop Hurray and Miss Manners have yet to disappoint. This past Sunday dj t-kay was filling in and did around the world in 60 minutes. The first track was off a new Cuban hip hop compilation that I don't think is for sale, but streams below.

2 comments:

  1. Love that Casio tune. Don't know about the cuban track though... the flow and the lyrics were pretty terrible. I do love Hip Hop Hurray though. One of the few GREAT radio shows in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of variability in the Cuban compilation. The one I really liked was played on HHH, hip hop y pensamiento by 100% Original track #25 on the mix.

    ReplyDelete