10/21/2011

Just for tonight we can pretend

My Fun Fun Fun wristbands arrived yesterday, which motivated me to start thinking about who I was going to see. Aside from the big four on Blue - Rakim, Public Enemy, Odd Future, and Major Lazer (order is important for that list) here's who I'm excited about (this time in particular order)-

Del, Big Freedia, Frankie Chan, Budos Band, Brandt Brauer Frick, Grimes (or Grimey as Homer would call her), Architecture in Helsinki, Clap your hands (at least I think I am), M83, Lykke Li, We were promised jetpacks, Diplo. For the record I am not excited about: This festival being moved to Auditorium shores, receiving three wrist bands instead of a single 3 day pass, Spoon, Ted, I play too many shows in Austin, Leo and his Pharmacists, Wugazi, Gambino, Spoon again, the white and yellow stages, and Neon, I was just freaking here, Indian.

So now for some music. Grimey has a new single and is gearing up for an album in Janurary. She was recently interviewed by the Jay Leno to our Letterman, Pitchfork. Hopefully LC will score an interview with her during FFF and you can be sure we'll blow those losers out of the water.

Grimes - Oblivion by Hypetrak



Brandt Brauer Frick is from Germany, their website even ends in .de, this video is the first, I think, single from their upcoming album. I really liked this video and also thought it fits in well with our oft revisited weird food video theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment