6/08/2011

Poetic Terrorism - I believe the next Einstein will write rhymes

Yacht kicked off their recent tour in Austin a few months back and the show was fantastic. They played a number of songs in the oft dreaded 'new material' category, that actually turned out to be the highlight of the damn circus. The new album, Shangri-La, was recorded, conceived and delivered mostly in Marfa and drops later this month. All that time in desert apparently only furthered their ideas of utopian society, anarchy, and their interaction. Here's the second single off the album, it's called Utopia. I included both the video, because I think it looks cool, and the sound cloud, because it actually sounds good. Honestly, in the video I think they just put a tape recorder next to the turn table and pressed go. Without further adieu, ladies and gentleman I present Utopia.

DFA White Out Sessions - Utopia by ▲ YACHT ▲ from DFA Records on Vimeo.



YACHT - Utopia by DFA Records


The unspeakable chilly Gonzalez, honestly there are no words. I'm following Parkour's lead here and simply presenting this for your enjoyment/judgement. bon appetite. Actually, I can't resist at least mentioning how sick some of these rhymes are and how f-ing weird Chilly G is.

No comments:

Post a Comment