3/18/2012

We are the soundtrack of heaven, space, and mankind



The music, art, and politics blog Hater threw a hip hop/graffiti brunch at yellow jacket social club on Saturday. Killer sets from the whole docket, but the real standout was Dark Time Sunshine, Onry Ozzborn and Zavala. Onry Ozzborn is 1/2 of grayskul, of Rhymesayers fame. Below is a track from their 2010 release, Vessel. It's called run.



For my non-Sx post (at least I think), I've got a gravel-voiced Canadian. Honestly, given the track's title I was expecting a Kanye and Hova diss, but maybe what we've found is the antithesis of their track about Paris. Ira Lee is the Saskatchewanese artist responsible, FB, and is a self-described avant guarde, pop-rap minimalist storyteller. I've got absolutely no idea what that means, but there's no denying the emotionally provocative nature of his wild-west stylings. The track's called Drinking Alone In Paris and in keeping with my theme involves a piano, mental instability, and a whisky breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment