2/16/2012

Urgent Action

POLIÇA (polish for urgent action?) is R&B-leaning, dubby, triphoppy, proggy, relaxing music. Also, an example of auto-tune put to good use (not that Sufjan hasn't made that point a long time ago already).
Gayngs leader Ryan Olson heads this project that involves some collaboration with non-Vernon Bon Iver dude. The soothing voice is Channy Casselle.
They're getting a lot of very well-deserved hype. Jay-Z blogged about it right as he was having a kid and all, so I guess he really likes them.

They're coming to Austin on February 24th. If you're in town, head down to the Mohawk.

The whole album is out now. I bought it, and I'm loving it. Here's the video for the single "Lay Your Cards Out", from a couple of months ago.



And here's a live session:

1 comment:

  1. I was just talking to this girl and she was excited about them coming for SxSW, I was saying that I would give them a listen. Then Bob Jovi made it easy for me... thanks man. I'm updating this with the southby tag.

    ReplyDelete