3/23/2011

Nepotism


So here's Il Abanico, a couple of Colombians living in Boston. Straight indie *, pretty voice.



Download their FREE EP now. It's good. If you happen to notice that the sound is absolutely perfect, that's because my good friend Francisco Botero did it. End of plug.

(I guess I can't complain the next time I meet someone and they say: "You're Colombian? I met a Colombian once... Juan. Do you know him?")

Loco Mia (pictured above) have nothing to do with this band, but they're the only thing (yes, thing) I can think of when fans are mentioned. Here's why.

*UPDATE: After re-reading my post, I realized that the tone does not convey how much I actually liked their EP. This is the opposite of Nepotism, as they completely deserve the shout out, and all the success they're having. Pardon my lousy writing, and go listen to them.

4 comments:

  1. Oh men! nice blog!
    I like the video!

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to a live show and you'll see that is not only the same indie shit happening now days.

    Try to put indie kids to play what they play... most of indie bands can't play anyways. This band doesn't need makeup to sound good

    listen more it and you'll see

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I like it a lot, and doesn't sound like everything else out there. They reminded me of Hanne Hukkelberg, whom I absolutely love. I didn't mean 'straight indie' as something negative.

    We'll surely be at the show if they (you?) stop by Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice EP. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete