3/28/2011

Battle of the Remixes I

Safety Rat sent me a link to Copycat remix of John Legend covering Adele's "Rolling in the Deep". Mouthful. Lest we forget that remixes are 'the prostitution of music', according to James Blake.


Anyhow, Safety's email reminded me that I had been meaning to post a remix of that same song. This one is by Jamie xx (yes, of THE xx fame). I am biased, but I still like jamie xx's version better. Especially because Childish Gambino features in it.




Well, and as long as we're talking of Gambino, have you checked out the killer remix of "Freaks and Geeks" that Star Slinger did?


And as long as we're talking about Star slinger, he's fucking awesome. Please check out his website. He has free and non-free music.
Here's his track, "Mornin'":

Star Slinger - Mornin' Directed by Alan Jensen from Star Slinger on Vimeo.

Enjoy!

PS: I have been listening to Adele's LP and it's good but I'm not thrilled. Sounds like she's one more in the long list of Amy Winehouse replacements, without the edge. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment