2/25/2013

SXSW Excito-Meter #1: HAIM


For the next few days I'll be posting bands that I'm excited to see this SXSW.

I'll start with the hipster's version of Destiny's Child (and the already ubiquitous band), HAIM. They're fun, talented, and totally deserving of the hype. With praise from people like Julian Casablancas, Jenny Lewis and Florence Welch, this sister trio is poised to take SXSW by storm again, after their break-out during last year's southby.

They'll probably be playing a ton, but you can see them for free on Friday the 15th at the Showdown at Cedar Street party. RSVP here. (I'll be tagging all posts with links to RSVP's with the very handy RSVP label for easy access.)

I'll leave you with their new single "Falling." (Does it remind anybody else of a indie version of "I'm a Survivor"?)

No comments:

Post a Comment